THE KEY

The key of my hopes were in your hand.
I was seeking it and then you opened your sweaty lovely palms
and its magical wand..
and showed me the key to my hope.

I started running after you while you high-walled, jump-walked,
trapezed, waltzed in-front of me.
Oh, I wish I could keep up with you.

I sat down with despair and tears in my palm
and the picture of my key to my hope..
reflected back to me..

It was yet  in your hands though
Oh, how I struggled to get it back in my tow.

The earlier combinations i tried, unlock me no more.
all safe in my journey's ring, a peek into my past's solved doors.

The key in your hands
call  me out to my future's roar.

Oh how bad I want it, where it rightfully belongs
but I know you would not hand it over to me just like that
till I come  closer
till I look deeper
till I go harsher within me
till you demand me all I feel
till before your pull I kneel
till more cruel I allow your kill
till I get through myself peel by peel..

to find inside me,
what I am seeking in you.

The love I ask of you,
I need to search inside me.

The hope I look for, in your eyes
I need to soak inside me.

The high I extract of you,
I need to find beside me.

The repentance I demand of you
I need to forgive inside me.

Then maybe..
I would find my way back
to what was always mine.
but misplaced to your warm sweaty inviting palms.

The key to my hope and freedom.
The key of my liberty and wisdom,
lying right there for me to pick up and move on..

(c) Shilp Smita

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Heart

सच?